Saturday, February 25, 2012

DID YOU KNOW - How The Cha Cha Evolved?


If I had to choose one dance style that I am absolutely in love with, there is but little doubt that my vote would go to the dynamic and vivacious ‘Cha Cha’. Originally known as the ‘Cha Cha Cha’, the dance style is in reality an offshoot of the Mambo. 

The Cover Of An Age Old Cha Cha Record
Early proponents of the Mambo noticed the existence of a distinct sound in the music; which they then began referring to as the “Triple Mambo”. Over time, the Triple Mambo evolved and gained a character of its own. In its refined form, the Triple Mambo is known as the Cha Cha Cha. 

Here’s one of my favorite Cha Cha videos from So You Think You Can Dance.(Let’s be honest, I just love it because Pasha’s in it).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got any questions, suggestions or doubts? Drop us a line!